Reasons You Might Need A Residential Roof Repair
Getting your roof regularly repaired and inspected by a licensed roofing professional is a wise investment; it will not only keep your roof in tip-top shape, but it could also potentially save you thousands of dollars on repair and replacement when minor repairs are fixed in a timely manner.
Despite all your efforts as a homeowner to preserve and protect your roof's integrity, there will eventually come a time when you'll need to consider repairing or replacing it. While no one eagerly anticipates that day, you must plan to avoid costly repairs and damage to your home and property.
Why would a roof need to be repaired or replaced?
Even the best roofing materials are not built to withstand Mother Nature's wrathful vengeance forever. Under the onslaught of high winds, extreme temperatures, torrential rains, and the blazing sun, your roof will eventually wear and give out, resulting in leaks, holes, and damage to your home's interior if left unchecked. Here are some reasons why your roof would need to be repaired to avoid further damage:
● Broken shingles--Broken or missing shingles are usually visible from the ground, and they indicate that an area of your roof has been compromised. Rest assured, if this is not tended to quickly, it will damage your home's interior. Asphalt shingles dry out and wither over time, and they can also be lost due to:
Freezing and thawing conditions
Intense or prolonged heat
Replacing one shingle is not a difficult job. Still, if you notice that larger areas of shingles are broken or missing, you might want to consider calling in a professional to assess your roof situation.
● Cracked or damaged roof vents--The primary purpose of a roof vent is to allow air and heat to escape your home. If the seal around a roof vent becomes cracked or broken, it can quickly lead to leaks and water stains inside your home. Repairing a seal is more than just patching up around the vent; in some cases, replacing the entire vent will be necessary. Call in a roofing professional to complete the job quickly and efficiently.
● Cracked and compromised flashings--A flashing lies just beneath the surface of your roof; it is generally constructed of metal. It provides an extra layer of protection against the elements. If a flashing becomes cracked or broken, it can allow water to seep in and cause trouble. Flashing repair involves getting under a roof surface to seal up deficiencies; this is not something a homeowner should attempt unless they have extensive roofing and construction experience.
● Valleys and flat spots that were not appropriately sealed--Although sloping and striking roof lines are appealing, there are areas where these dramatic angles meet. These valleys must be sealed properly in order to avoid water damage.
● Leaking skylights--Skylights may be attractive, but they are dangerous from a water perspective. If they are not installed correctly or worn, they become open wounds for water and debris to pour into, causing extensive damage to your home and belongings. Consider all the implications of a skylight in your roof and weigh the aesthetic value against any potential cost of maintenance and repair that you could incur.
● Clogged gutters--When your gutters and downspouts are clogged, they fail to do the critical work of sweeping water and debris away from your home. Leaves, tree branches, and even mud can become an effective trap for moisture that can back up in your roof and quickly wear down your shingles. Clean out your gutters and downspouts regularly, and you won't have to deal with any of the resulting buildup and damage to your home.
Take care of your roof and your investment: Call Len’s Roofing today!
Your roof is an invaluable part of your home; it provides protection and shelter and adds value to your property. As such, it should be cared for and maintained to keep your home safe and protected. If you want the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are maintaining your home and roof well, give Len’s Roofing a call today. With over twenty years of experience, the highest level of professionalism and service that is second to none, we can keep your roof well maintained for years to come. Call us today at 941-896-7897 or visit us at www.lensroofing.com to set-up a consultation with our roofing experts and see how we can improve your home's value by repairing or replacing your roof.